Classes for Adults
Some ongoing classes are taught by AWD Studio Artists; please contact the artists directly to register.
Session 2: Mixed Media Art Books
Sunday, March 26, 2017 • 1pm–5:30pm
Find out how to "think outside the book" and create unique books and art journals using paint, collage, and photo-transfer techniques. In this class we'll cover how to make accordion, tag, and piano hinge books.
Session 3: Mixed Media Painting & Photo-Transfer
Sunday, April 30, 2017 • 1pm–5:30pm
Explore how to combine acrylic paint, photo-transfer and collage to create layered mixed media paintings. In this class we'll be using a variety of materials and techniques to build painterly art work on paper and canvas. Find out how to apply these processes to numerous art projects such as book making, monoprinting, sculpture and fiber art.
Sundays street parkingis free. Access to the multipurpose room is through the rear of the building from D Street.
1337 4th Street, at D, San Rafael, CA 94901
Saturday, June 10, 2017 • 10:30am–Noon
Presented by Creative & Abundance Artist
• Free Workshop
• AWD Multipurpose Room
- Make Your Research Rewarding!
- Create a Grant Calendar
- Build Partnerships and Community
This workshop for artists who love making art, but aren't in love with being a business person. In this workshop, Shelley will share some great tips for finding funding your artistic projects, from alternative resources to grants and fellowships. Learn how to seek out and connect with the RIGHT funders, and how to avoid some of the pitfalls so that you don’t waste your time writing the wrong grants.
Presented by Shelley Rugg, artist and founder of Creative & Abundant Artist, a mentorship program for artists who want to make a living doing what they love, but who struggle with the business-end of art.
For more information, visit: www.CreativeAndAbundantArtist.com
Collage Workshop info
- Date to be announced • 11am–4pm • $125
- Materials included
Private and Group Classes for Adults and Teen
- Weekly ongoing classes to fit in your schedule
- Fun and Informal. Creative Stimulating and Supportive!
- Barbara evaluates your individual needs and desires and developes a program that is unique to each student. With dedication and perseverance artistic groth is guaranteed,
- Adults: Tuesdays 11:30am-2:30pm • Tuesdays 6-9pm • Thursdays 11:30am-2:30pm• $240/mo
- Barbara Andino-Stevenson, Sweet Spirit Ceramic Center
- Wheel, handbuilding, sculpture SUMMER CLAY CAMPS for kids and adulsts
Introduction to Drawing & Painting info
- $30/hr by appointment
- Susan Ticken, 415.479.5277 www.tickenart.com
- An intro to techniques + a variety of materials
The No Mistakes Studio!
- On-going Thursdays mornings at 11am, or by appointment. For class schedule please contact artist.
- Students with special needs welcome. Private classes also available for all ages.
Photography Mentor: Personalized instruction in film or digital info
- Private instruction for individuals and small groups. Creative espression, travel, nature, fine art,
in studio and on location.
- Cindy Pavlinac, www.CAPavlinac.com